donor 1993 silverodo 1 ton. reciever 1988 chev blazer on 1990 Chevrolet Blazer

is it smog legal to swap a 454 tbi engine into my 1988 chevy blazer which as a 350 tbi?

Asked by for the 1990 Chevrolet Blazer
If you want to do this legally, you'd want to check with the Smog Referee for the proper requirements, you have to really be ready to jump through some complicated hoops if the engine and body don't match up emissions wise. The engine would have to meet 1988 specs, they did offer a 454 but the emissions specs for your engine in question have to match up with the vehicle or you may have toi modifuy the vehicle. You'll need to see the Smog Referree before you'll get paper and a sticker on it. On modern cars this is usually not worth it but for an '88 it's worth some research. A 454 is more fun than a 350 for sure..