3rd gear is the worst. At about 30 miles per hour it wants to chug and jerks. Accelerating is just fine. It doesn't hesitate. But at a constant speed it doesn't want to run properly. And it only gets 25 to maybe 30 miles per gallon. I changed air and fuel filter and all the spark plugs.
doesn't run properley at a steady speed on 1994 Ford Escort
Asked by for the 1994 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- Can u place any Ford radiator that fits on the Ford escort 95??
- My radio does not work. I replaced it and it still doesn't work. The fuse is OK
- car will not turn over. good battery and alternator.
- Replaced timing belt. Car turns over & has spark but won't start. Why?
- Front driver tire has excessive inner wear?
1994 Ford Escort Estimates
- Steering Rack Replacement ($558 - $692) in Hazel, KY
- Air Pump Replacement ($201 - $557) in Swampscott, MA
- Brake Wheel Cylinder Replacement ($255 - $331) in Mill Creek, PA
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($57 - $261) in Butler, KY
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($567 - $614) in Guayanilla, PR
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($295 - $348) in Walkerton, IN