3rd gear is the worst. At about 30 miles per hour it wants to chug and jerks. Accelerating is just fine. It doesn't hesitate. But at a constant speed it doesn't want to run properly. And it only gets 25 to maybe 30 miles per gallon. I changed air and fuel filter and all the spark plugs.
doesn't run properley at a steady speed on 1994 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
1994 Ford Escort Estimates
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($284 - 365) in Hazel, KY
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Swampscott, MA
- Strut Replacement - Rear ($384 - 530) in Mill Creek, PA
- Ignition Coil Replacement ($177 - 210) in Butler, KY
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($268 - 363) in Guayanilla, PR
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($352 - 463) in Walkerton, IN