The dealer told me that the breake vacuum pump is leaking and needs to be replaced. I got an $860 estimate for the work. They claim the transmission needs to be dropped in order to replace it. Also, i see no leaks or symptoms of this.Anyone have any experience with this?
Does the transmission need to be dropped to replace break vacuum pump? on 2007 Volkswagen Jetta
Asked by for the 2007 Volkswagen Jetta
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Jetta Questions
- My jetta is making a loud knocking sounds under my feet between gears? CV shaft?
- Car dash lights and door chime come on for 10 seconds short in wires under dash.
- Engine light is on and cant pass a smog; leaking oil very slightly
- How many gallons is my gas tank & how many miles I get on a full tank
- Engine starts fine but it won’t shift into any gear. Panel light also does not
2007 Volkswagen Jetta Estimates
- Brake Pad Replacement ($193 - $244) in Locust Gap, PA
- Water Pump Replacement ($371 - $540) in Meredith, CO
- Fuel Injector Replacement (Diesel) ($204 - $447) in Gregory, TX
- Alternator Replacement ($411 - $527) in Murray, KY
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($429 - $501) in Kirkland, AZ
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($240 - $289) in Savannah, GA