» » »

Isuzu Q&A

Ask Your Question

2006 Isuzu i280 Pickup Question: does it take special tools to replace the emmissions parts.



, Hillsborough, NC, November 30, 2011, 21:03

Do you have to have vacum hose and or be able to close off a hose when changing the Charcoal cartrige and or the evap vent valve... all these parts are above the spare tire. i can get to them easily...not sure if it is as simple as removeing a part and replaceing it with the new part.

2 Answers
Flag This
  • Answer #1

    ccsmog from Contra Costa Smog and Repair, November 30, 2011, 21:16

    It is that Simple.

    Flag This
  • Answer #2

    patrick mannion from Greg Solow's Engine Room, December 01, 2011, 00:08

    It should be as simple as pulling off the old vacuum hoses and pushing on the hoses onto the new components but some newer evap systems use what they call quick disconnect connections they require a special tool to remove mostly newer cars).

    Flag This