the reason i ask this i was on here a few days ago and a trans guy was telling somebody with the same problems i am have 1870 code...that loc-up port in the valve body can be fixed to help with a hard shift problem. I have a 1997 4x4 1500 5.7 Chevy truck and i recently made an appt. to get just that done.the trans guy knew exactly what i was talking about, got a price and all good to go.......so i though till i read this...and this is a quote...""The 1870 code usually means bad transmission or valve body, probably better off just replacing transmission."" Now that being said i am really confused now. Can any body shed some light for me, my appt. is on tue.23rd so the sooner the better. Thanks Brad
does it make sense to do a sleeve and valve replacement in the valve body. on 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup
1 answerJuly 19, 2013
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Maintenance Schedule
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Problems(22)
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Repair Estimates
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Q&A(156)
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Recalls(3)
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Shops
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Reviews(3)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Questions
- What is the knocking noise I hear when I accelerate?
- Why is my truck pulling and slipping after I changed the filter and fluid in it?
- What can I do to fix my brake pedals which are extremely low and loose?
- why are my head lights dim all the time even on high beam they are not bright
- Why after replacing, bulbs,fuses and tail light fixture , would my light not wk