the reason i ask this i was on here a few days ago and a trans guy was telling somebody with the same problems i am have 1870 code...that loc-up port in the valve body can be fixed to help with a hard shift problem. I have a 1997 4x4 1500 5.7 Chevy truck and i recently made an appt. to get just that done.the trans guy knew exactly what i was talking about, got a price and all good to go.......so i though till i read this...and this is a quote...""The 1870 code usually means bad transmission or valve body, probably better off just replacing transmission."" Now that being said i am really confused now. Can any body shed some light for me, my appt. is on tue.23rd so the sooner the better. Thanks Brad
does it make sense to do a sleeve and valve replacement in the valve body. on 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup
1 answerJuly 19, 2013
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Repair and Maintenance
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Maintenance Schedule
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Problems(22)
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Repair Estimates
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Q&A(156)
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Recalls(3)
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Shops
- 1997 Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Reviews(3)
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet 1500 Pickup Questions
- how do I get engine to start that has spark and cranks just wont start
- I have a 1996 chevy siverdao. Ive changed the wires,plugs,rotor, cap and it.
- what is the ID of rubber section of fuel line on outlet side of filter
- Gear shifter isn't always engaging in park. Reads the rest of the gears.
- Why does my truck stall?