2 weels ago my mechanic told me my pads were getting thin and would need to be replaced soon. The brake warning light came on last night and won't turn off. I checked my fluid, it's dirty but full. The master cylinder is full as well. I just want to know if it's still ok to drive my car and how many miles I should still have left. I'm not hard on my breaks either.
Does a warning light come on when I need to replace my brake pads? on 2000 Ford Escort
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Escort Questions
- What is wrong when a fuse blows and melts the wire behind the fuse box?
- Why wont my car start when it has a new battery only 3 months old
- 1999 Ford escort has problems starting at times have to push on gas rev thn strt
- Sitting at light and car will idle high. Changes gaskets, control module.
- zx2 wont get fuel. What could be problem?
2000 Ford Escort Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Rear ($254 - 356) in Milan, OH
- Radiator Fan Motor Replacement ($113 - 316) in Lytton, IA
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($92 - 142) in Vermontville, NY
- Add Front Engine Seals ($83 - 124) in Mount Olivet, KY
- Suspension Control Arm Bushings Replacement ($66 - 79) in Accomac, VA
- Power Steering System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Oxon Hill, MD