Dodge Stratus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Dodge Stratus
- Water Leak Due to Plugged AC Drain
- Failure in Spark Plug Tube Seals May Cause Misfire and Poor Fuel Economy
- Revised Windshield Washer Nozzles Available to Prevent Plugging
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- Heating & Air Conditioning Fan unit only works in certain positions
- have all bolts out but cant get alternator out of car. any suggestions?
- What does it mean when the battery light is on after replacing the alternator?
- Engine doesn't turn over from key .Battery is hot. All ignition light comes on what should I look for .Is it engine control module
- Car doesn't turn over to startBatteryishotallignitionlightscomeon.Engdosnttunoer
- Turn key on no check engine light comes on no radio no windshield wippers
Dodge Stratus Problems
A plugged AC evaporator drain tube can cause a water leak inside the car; usually near the front passenger's feet.
Spark plug tube seals fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
One or both windshield washer nozzles may plug or clog. There are revised washer nozzles available which are more resistant to plugging.
Dodge Stratus Questions
Engine will not turn over to start.
Dodge Stratus Recalls
The right steering knuckle may have been damaged during the manufacturing process. This could cause the steering knuckle to crack and separate from the upper control arm, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect and replace the right steering knuckle. This recall is expected to begin on December 27, 2004. Chrysler recall number is D55.
The left and right rear outboard seat belt retractor and turning loop bolts may not have been properly tightened. In the event of a crash, seat occupants may not be properly restrained, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will inspect and tighten the affected fasteners. This recall is expected to begin on November 15, 2004. The Chrysler recall number is D52.
Dodge Stratus Reviews
My 2002 stratus is great, but lately as I'm driving it loses power, my RPM needle goes down and then the engine shuts off, it's not the fuel pump, so sometimes this happens not very often.
i have a 2000 dodge stratus and while driving i felt the car shifting funny and noticed my speedometer jumping then the speedometer stopped working completely and transmission would not shift out of low gear.i have an automatic transmission and i believe its something to do with the transmission control module but not sure how to find out for sure which part it is,the fuse,relay or the tcm.any ...
We bought our dodge new in Kitty Hawk NC from a dealer. The brakes squeak and always have however, the dealer and his repair shop always say that nothing is wrong. Why then; do the brakes squeak? We told them about the problem from the beginning. We were told a couple of time that it was only a moisture build-up.....but, why???? just on this car??? And why does it continue to squeak??????...