Dodge Stratus Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Dodge Stratus
- Water Leak Due to Plugged AC Drain
- Failure in Spark Plug Tube Seals May Cause Misfire and Poor Fuel Economy
- Revised Windshield Washer Nozzles Available to Prevent Plugging
- Starting Issues and Trouble Code Due to Defective Cam/Crankshaft Sensor
- Heating & Air Conditioning Fan unit only works in certain positions
- How to test my alternator to see if it is going bad
- My car is grinding in the front in hard to drive because the grinding
- car turns over realy easy and fast but will not start. it just died on the way h
- 1998 dodge stratus 4.4 automatic won't shift into 3rd
- I replaced crank position sensor as the P0335 code came up. Check engine light went off but it now is coming back on and car is running rough and shuts off. Then I can get in the next time and it runs fine and the light is off. Bad sensor or is wiring bad
Dodge Stratus Problems
A plugged AC evaporator drain tube can cause a water leak inside the car; usually near the front passenger's feet.
Spark plug tube seals fail, causing the tubes to fill with engine oil and the engine to misfire. As a result, the engine may run poorly and fuel economy can suffer.
One or both windshield washer nozzles may plug or clog. There are revised washer nozzles available which are more resistant to plugging.
Dodge Stratus Questions
the car died on the way home . low on oil the car turns over faster than before but will not start
Wont start and battery is going dead but jumpstarts no longer work...what do i check next?
Dodge Stratus Recalls
The right steering knuckle may have been damaged during the manufacturing process. This could cause the steering knuckle to crack and separate from the upper control arm, increasing the risk of a crash. Dealers will inspect and replace the right steering knuckle. This recall is expected to begin on December 27, 2004. Chrysler recall number is D55.
The left and right rear outboard seat belt retractor and turning loop bolts may not have been properly tightened. In the event of a crash, seat occupants may not be properly restrained, increasing the risk of injury. Dealers will inspect and tighten the affected fasteners. This recall is expected to begin on November 15, 2004. The Chrysler recall number is D52.
Dodge Stratus Reviews
My 2002 stratus is great, but lately as I'm driving it loses power, my RPM needle goes down and then the engine shuts off, it's not the fuel pump, so sometimes this happens not very often.
i have a 2000 dodge stratus and while driving i felt the car shifting funny and noticed my speedometer jumping then the speedometer stopped working completely and transmission would not shift out of low gear.i have an automatic transmission and i believe its something to do with the transmission control module but not sure how to find out for sure which part it is,the fuse,relay or the tcm.any ...
We bought our dodge new in Kitty Hawk NC from a dealer. The brakes squeak and always have however, the dealer and his repair shop always say that nothing is wrong. Why then; do the brakes squeak? We told them about the problem from the beginning. We were told a couple of time that it was only a moisture build-up.....but, why???? just on this car??? And why does it continue to squeak??????...