Dodge Ram Van B150 Repair and Maintenance
A guide to problems, costs, maintenance and repair for your Dodge Ram Van B150
- I had a smog test in NV last year while visiting. It flunked. I soon to move.
- Have been trying all day and evening to remove oil filter with no success.
- When I turn on the headlights the gas gauge and temp gauge are pegged.
- I'm getting a clunking sound somewhere either in tranny or some other place.
- I am getting a winding sound either under the hood or in the tranny.
Dodge Ram Van B150 Problems
The AC/heater (HVAC) system may unexpectedly switch to the defrost mode when accelerating. This system is operated by engine vacuum and should be inspected for any vacuum leaks if this problem develops. There is also a revised vacuum check valve available to address this concern.
On the 3.9L V6, 5.2L V8 and 5.9L V8 the Oil leaks commonly from the valve cover gaskets, intake manifold gaskets (front and rear), timing cover gaskets, distributor O-ring, and the rear main seal area. Using fluorescent engine oil dye can be helpful in determining the source(s) of the oil leak.
Dodge Ram Van B150 Questions
Cannot get the old oil filter out. Made 3 trips to auto store for tools. Nothing has worked. Wits end. Please help.
and as many fuse links as I could find. Checked blower by running a test direct from batt. and its OK. negative wire from blower is intact. Tested the good fuse 30amp,location and got a positive light. But when I test the green wire going to the blower from that fuse I get nothing. any ideas wil...
switch/control lever and cant remember what goes where? I have a thick beige wire, a medium blue and green wire and a thin dark brown. On the lever switch behind their is an H and M and a B. nothing on the 4th connection. Can you tell me about it? and the same wires leed into the glove compartmen...