Reviews for Dodge Magnum years:

Dodge Magnum Reviews and Owner Comments

Dodge MagnumOwner Reviews (15 reviews)
  • 2007 Dodge Magnum
    Bigmoparman69, Palmdale, CA, November 15, 2014 19:16
    I have had my 2007 3.5L Dodge Magnum Forever and loving every 300 HP 25 MPG every day I drive it. The only thing I do is change the oil, and do the brakes that's maintenance and it will lasts forever, I got 156897 and still got another million miles to go. I Love It!!!
    magooski, Ferndale, MI, April 16, 2012 14:50
    my '06 magnum which I bought used with 61800k had sat for about 14 months and seemed to run well when I test drove it but now the gas petal sticks and will rev to 4k for about 6-10 secs before returning to idle. I have sprayed the pedal arm where it looked like there may be a problem but no help. anybody experiencing a similar problem?
    Visitor, Everett, WA, March 24, 2012 12:00
    I have over 190,000 miles on my mag and you is still doing great! i have had to replace the brake pads more then seems normal but i doo drive alot so no big problem. the only thing about this year magnum (and maybe other years) is that the front suspension lower control arms are crap! i replaced them with factory arms at about 140,000 after listening to the "clunk" sound for too long and it has started again at 190,000. these arms should last a hell of alot longer but don't. i did have to change the water pipe/housing that runs from the thermostat under the intake manifold and to the firewall because the old housing was leaking but it was very easy. so in the end my mag has been a champ!
    Visitor, Greenwood, IN, March 16, 2012 09:07
    I purchased my 2006 Dodge Magnum SXT in May last year. The car has 175k and 3 weeks ago the timing belt shredded and now the car has no compression. I was informed that it was a non-interference engine. Now I'm paying for a car that doesn't even run.
    Visitor, Banning, CA, March 15, 2012 21:33
    im on my second magnum. the first was a 2005 and was hit after only owning it for 3 months. the second i bought used about a year and a hlaf ago, its a 2007. the car is the light blue with 22 inch wheels and fat tires. looks great. it ran well and i put about 40 thousand miles on it since ive had it with the oil changed ever 4000 miles. i am now getting a sputtering when first taking of like its missing. if i take off fast the check engine light comes on but will go off sooner or later. it also cuts out very bad when the A/C is on it almost feels like it shifting gears when im stopped when the A/C is on, it lunges while my foot is on the brake. so im starting to have some issues. another one is the electronic module control light or the little lighting bolt on the dash, has come on and off for the last few months. i love the car, it has been really great to ma and my family, but im concerned this might cost me a fortune.i dont want to get rid of it, but i dont want it to cost me more than a new cr either.
    Visitor, Clarkton, NC, December 10, 2011 20:08
    My car seems like it has bad gas in it, I have changed up da gas & i have put treatment in it. I thought it was the spark plugs & wires but its not. So now I feel like it's the fuel filter, could I be right?
    Visitor, Titusville, PA, November 19, 2011 18:06
    We have an 05 Dodge Magnum and Dodge should have left this car in pieces on the assembly line, due to the fact that it is nothing but JUNK!! We have put $3000 in rear and frontend parts and that is with doing my own mechanics..so that is parts only. Dodge should have made the parts cheaper knowing they were junk. I think that Dodge should stand behind their junk because they know they made the mistake, and this car doesn't even come with a dipstick to check your tranny fluid, you must go to a dealer and have them do it for you. I don't think that Dodge did a very good design job on this car. This car really has me debating on changing my mind on Dodge products. This car is a piece of metal scrap! To the junkyard it should go....
    Visitor, Fort Worth, TX, September 07, 2011 17:09
    Where do you start when safety becomes a problem? I bought my car at the end of 05 and went with the Hemi for fun. The car has been nothing but pleasure until... Beginning this year (2011) I got in my car to pick up a kid only to find out the rear brakes were locked. If I did not have the horsepower there would have been no way I could have moved. After a trip to the dealer it was repaired. Or was it? In July, while making trips to the store I got in my car to come home and the brakes were locked. I was lucky so far, however today I was not. On the way home from work I noticed the car appeared sluggish. After stopping at the bank and heading home I notice my brakes slowing me down. Short of end of this - I almost didn't make it home. I am beginning to worry about my safety. What's next? Having the brakes lock up while going around a turn on wet roads? I'm about ready to contact an attorney as a CYA.
    Mamakiki, Winter Garden, FL, March 14, 2011 17:03
    I enjoy the roominess of the car. We really use the space and it's a great family car. We can fit 2 adults and a child with a car seat in the back seat comfortably. However, I've had very poor performance from the engine. It repeatedly (but intermittently) has a rough idle upon starting, and will nearly stall out with the engine choking and sputtering. The CEL comes on with multiple misfires. This started after owning car 1.5 years. Multiple trips to dealer, and $3K in various "repairs", it finally stopped after I insisted the fuel filters be changed (cost $1100). The first dealer could never diagnose the actual problem and it would usually happen on the drive home again from the dealer. The car was pretty good for 2 1/2 years, then it started again. It's been back to a different dealer and like the first they can't diagnose it. I'm fed up with this car. It's not reliable, and no one can diagnose the problem. I've poured way too much good money into this car, it's only 6 years old.
    Visitor, Jupiter, FL, September 12, 2010 16:07
    over 100,000 miles and nothing but tires and oil changes have ever been preformed on my car!
    Visitor, Seattle, WA, May 12, 2010 10:43
    I bought the magnum to load up my hiking/camping gear still be able to sleep in the back for a cross-country adventure. To my dismay the hatchback leaks, getting everything and me wet when it rains hard (no leakage with light rain or car washes). Also, the car rides very low, it easily hits bottom over rocks and potholes in gravel forestry roads. Otherwise, all else is great, runs good.
    shayndudley, Newark, CA, September 15, 2009 14:20
    I bought my car used in 12/08 because of the body style, gas mileage and cargo space. I put 22" rims on it for style and it looks great. I love my car and I wouldn't trade it for the world. I currently have a squeak in the steering wheel and the mouldings on the car are not fitting quite right (I believe it was in an accident before I bought it) but overall it's a wonderful car. I wouldn't trade it for anything else.
    ambonito, Brunswick, GA, February 15, 2009 19:41
    This is a great riding car. I find that the front end of this car is too low. One time when backing up after scraping a parking barrier it tore the bumper loose partially. With that said the underside has an engine/oilpan cover that scrapes on curbs and parking cement stops ripped off and had to be removed. It did not affect the mileage and once removed made it easy to change the oil should you want to do so.
  • 2007 Dodge Magnum
    Magnesium, Jackson, MI, December 16, 2008 05:31
    I bought my 2007 Dodge Magnum used and I love it. My brother got an '05 and after that I had to have one. I have very few things I don't like about it. Some of the platics havea a poor fit and finish, but 90% of it is great. The cargo room is great and the comfort level is a big plus on that car. The gas milage is great I get about 24 mpg on average with the 3.5L. Plenty of power for what i use it for, mainly highway and some city. I upgraded the headlight bulbs to a Xenon since the originals were kinda dim, which is the best upgrade thus far. I switch from the Goodyears that were on it to a nicer set of Michelins and am much happier with the ride and comfort. All in all, this is a great car that has lot of positive German manufacturing influence in its blood. I definately love my Magnum and look forward to driving it everyday.
    woody, San Diego, CA, December 10, 2008 07:58
    i just bought my Magnum nov 5, 2008 and i instantly fell in love with it, the amount of room it has and the ride, this car is a joy to drive