Reviews for Dodge Journey years:

Dodge Journey Reviews and Owner Comments

Dodge JourneyOwner Reviews (10 reviews)
  • 2009 Dodge Journey
    Visitor, Vidor, TX, September 17, 2014 13:09
    i have a 2009 journey r/t after about 60,000 miles the engine seems to have a whining noise lack of power. when the transmission shifts into overdrive or 6th gear the engine starts clattering sounds like a diesel engine. worst vehicle ever owned will go back to chevy or ford from now on
    Visitor, Oroville, WA, July 19, 2014 14:01
    38,000 miles and getting ready to replace third set of brake rotors. First time was re-machined and did not last. Then dealer replaced with newer version of Original Equipment. Now 21000 miles later, same thing allover again. Vehicle initially good value for money, but is now becoming a liability.
  • 2013 Dodge Journey
    Visitor, Alexander City, AL, January 05, 2014 05:27
    I bought my car and there has been a vibration while driving all the time. It has been back to dealer 4 times and I called Chrysler and nothing is being done. Brewbaker Dodge doesn't want it coming back anymore for this problem. They said it has something to do with the ECO mode. I had a Charger with the ECO mode and never had this problem. Chrysler is not standing behind their cars either. DON'T GET THE DODGE JOURNEY SXT IT SUCKS.
  • 2012 Dodge Journey
    Visitor, Niagara Falls, NY, December 10, 2013 20:17
    I HAD DODGE JOURNEY 2012 SE PLUS 2.4L. THE TRANSMISSION JURK WHILE CHANGING FROM PARK TO DRIVE AND FROM DRIVE TO REVERSE AND FROM REVERSE TO PARK. DEALER NOTICE THE PROBLEM AND UPDATE THE SOFTWARE BUT THE SAME PROBLEM IS THERE. THE SUSPENSION MAKES NOISE WHEN IT GOES TO SOME BUMP AND IT IS HARD SUSPENSION. ENGINE NOISES COME IN THE COMPARTMENT. BAD ENGINEERING.
  • 2013 Dodge Journey
    Visitor, Clearwater, FL, July 05, 2013 09:52
    At first I was very happy to get my new 2013 2 weeks ago. So much I like just driving EVERWHERE. Anyway, yesterday I noticed the front bumper cover coming off. I was able to snap it back into place and I took it to Dodge today. When I got to Dayton Andrews Dodge, I was quickly disappointed when I was told by Aaron in the body shop that this is a known issue with the front and back bumpers of the Journey and I can expect it to get worse. He refused to fix it. "Nothing to Fix". Really? Why? Doesn't Dodge know this isn't only a value issue, but a safety problem. Imagine this, driving down the highway at 70 miles an hour all of a sudden the front bumper cover comes off causing a "blow out" and causing an accident.
    Visitor, Bronx, NY, April 10, 2013 00:51
    I am at 21k miles, have had Veh. for 3 years, (short work commute). At 15k miles I needed to change all pads, and resurface all rotors(rears were worse). This is way too early for rear brakes. Tires have been a huge problem, I have replaced 2 of them, extremely expensive, and now need to replace the other 2. I am going to change the tire size, and just buy 4 new tires, it will be cheaper this way. If you dont understand why I would do this, just google Dodge Journey Kumho, and you will understand. Again, this is way too early to be replacing tires. Those are the 2 major problems I have had, the rest are just minor annoyances, but still should not be happening. Such annoyances are, but not limited to.....rear shocks or struts, whichever it is, make very loud squeak when going over a speed bump, no matter the speed. All 4 doors make very loud squeak when opening them, I spray them very often. Driver side window, very loud squeaking when opening/closing. Front bumper is detaching from vehicle, causing approx. a half inch gap. This veh. was never in an accident. And last but not least, the driver seat makes some odd noise coming from underneath. I will give Dodge this one, since I am over weight, lol. Like I said, the rest are all a bunch of small annoyances, but these are things that should not be happening at such a low mileage. In the snow, I am very happy with the AWD, and though it is not the fastest car in the world, it is comfortable on the highway, giving you enough pickup to over take easily, and does handle pretty well at higher speeds for an SUV. Overall though, for the price, I would def look at other SUVs first, before settling for this Veh.
  • 2009 Dodge Journey
    Visitor, Gulf Breeze, FL, February 08, 2013 07:13
    This is the worst POS car I have ever owned. The brake and rotors I have had problems with ever since I bought it. Coolent system problems all the time.
  • 2012 Dodge Journey
    Visitor, Utica, MI, June 12, 2012 16:06
    have dodge journey 2012, when switching from reverse to drive, makes clunking sound and shifts hard
    Visitor, Lockport, IL, November 11, 2011 10:38
    Having issues with the rear tires wearing on the inside... The outside tread on the rear look brand new, while the inside tread is looking to be a lot worn. The front tires are worn eeven all the way across. Is the rear just a camber adjustment??
    Visitor, Carlsbad, CA, February 01, 2011 20:47
    11 months and 11,500 miles and no complaints. At pure highway, getting 26 MPG which is better than sticker's 24MPG rating. City driving about per sticker at 17MPG. Have 6-cylinder engine and has been excellent...plenty of power and no lugging at freeway speeds. Best aspect and main reason I purchased, was head and leg room. If you're tall, this is the crossover type car you need to consider. Only drawback is the interior plastics are not quite same quality look/feel as others and always seems to be reported in Chrysler/Dodge products. BTW---I owned several cars and this is my first Dodge. I am happy with it!