Car running fine - just didn't have heat from time to time. Had to add water in radiator - car never overheated and also did not go to red on temp guage. I don't see any leaks but am monitoring everything now - could I just monitor all fluids and run car without replacing the timing cover gasket set? Parts are nothing but labor is outrageous making cost almost $600.
Do I really need a timing cover gasket set - Help! on 1999 Mercury Sable
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Sable Questions
- Why won't my car start? I put a charged battery in it.. it's not the alternator
- how can i fix the main brake box for all the brakes
- Broke abs sensor front left, can't see how its mounted so I can remove and repla
- the engine races then shuts off. what would cause this?
- how to replace front window washer pump
1999 Mercury Sable Estimates
- 60,000 Mile Service ($422 - 596) in Monterey, CA
- 75,000 Mile Service ($141 - 205) in Gipsy, MO
- Starter Replacement ($244 - 372) in Grant, CO
- Brake Pad Replacement ($157 - 238) in Bigelow, AR
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($234 - 293) in Guatay, CA
- Battery Cable Replacement ($98 - 147) in Rosiclare, IL