I started my car and it ran for a second and died. Acted like was not getting gas. IT FINALLY STARTED AND BACKFIRED REALLY LOUD AND NOW MY BROTHER IN LAW SAYS IT IS A NO TOLERANCE ENGINE AND NEEDS AT LEAST A TIMING CHAIN, COULD IT BE SOMETHING ELSE?
Do I need a timing chain on 2006 Chevrolet Malibu
Asked by for the 2006 Chevrolet Malibu
1 more answer
1 answerSeptember 28, 2015
1 answerNovember 20, 2013
1 answerNovember 09, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Malibu Questions
- I smell radiator coolent when I'm driving.
- Was changing spark plugs and brittle hose/tube broke.
- How do you replace one of the torsional bars and n the trunk? The front on pop
- My car sounds a lot louder than it should when I first start it? Please help!
- I Change the airflow sensor & The map sensor.On my Chevy Malibu 2006.
2006 Chevrolet Malibu Estimates
- Coolant Reservoir Replacement ($123 - 199) in Greenfield, IN
- Exhaust Manifold Gasket Replacement ($269 - 364) in Lyburn, WV
- Ball Joint Replacement - Lower ($177 - 296) in East Brunswick, NJ
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($189 - 382) in McDonald, TN
- Suspension Ball Joint Replacement ($220 - 252) in Warner Springs, CA
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($94 - 114) in Manton, MI