2000 C230 with 56000 mile on it.DO ihave a timing belt or chain and when do i replace it? thanks......
do i have a belt or a timing chain ? on 2000 Mercedes-Benz C230
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Jim Taddei ,
August 29, 2011
The engine in your C230 should have a timing chain. There is no routine maintenance necessary for the timing other that changing the engine oil as recommended.
This week's top 10
2000 Mercedes-Benz C230 Estimates
- Charging System Diagnosis ($44 - 56) in Luther, OK
- Tie Rod End Replacement - Outer ($217 - 324) in Yabucoa, PR
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($474 - 609) in Hammond, IN
- Tire Rotation ($26 - 34) in Thorntown, IN
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($199 - 228) in Deer Island, OR
- Engine Oil Pan Replacement ($1,539 - 1,838) in Shepherd, MT