2000 C230 with 56000 mile on it.DO ihave a timing belt or chain and when do i replace it? thanks......
do i have a belt or a timing chain ? on 2000 Mercedes-Benz C230
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Jim Taddei ,
August 29, 2011
The engine in your C230 should have a timing chain. There is no routine maintenance necessary for the timing other that changing the engine oil as recommended.
This week's top 10
Recent Mercedes-Benz C230 Questions
- loosing antifreeze but not overheating.
- My A/C blows hot air but it will not take a freon charge. The fan will not turn.
- Can you take off the armrest from the driver's door?
- the sound of my car is heavy as if the exhaust is leaking. what could be the pro
- Wire came undone under my car. Something like a b12/2 wire. My fan always runs.
2000 Mercedes-Benz C230 Estimates
- Differential Fluid Replacement - Front ($112 - 187) in Luther, OK
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Yabucoa, PR
- Engine Oil Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Hammond, IN
- Air Filter Replacement ($67 - 88) in Thorntown, IN
- Exhaust Muffler Replacement ($670 - 1,019) in Deer Island, OR
- Brake Hydraulic System Bleed ($61 - 78) in Shepherd, MT