Does anyone at GM know what is wrong when the stability/traction control service lights come on and then go off with a 2008 Chevy Equinox? It apprears that no one is prepared to give a specific answer. My car does it when the roadconditions change, ie when it first starts snowing or raining and then it goes out again. Is the ECU saying that it is aware ofthe changing conditions and has made allowances or has it just freaked out when it realises that it may have to do some work? I like the car, however the elctronic issues concern me? I agree with the master tech's comments about good quality and frequent servicing. I am suprisedthat no one on here has mentioned the intake manifold and cooling issues more. My local engine shop sells reconditioned intake manifolds for this model engine and has available an improved gasket. He says that most of his customers get to 60,000 miles and them the dexcool starts leaking. They also suggest going to the "green" prestone coolant, as it is not prone for breaking down. Changing the headlight bulb for the first time can be a challenge, however it is easily done. However why and where is there condensation leaking into the headlight assemblies and can this be prevented. I have used a hair drierto get ridof it, but it does come back. In the next few months I intend changing the serpentine belt, tensioner pulleys, water pump and intake manifold gasket as my car is getting up to 85,000 miles. Any comments about doing this work would be appreciated. Thanks Harry
Dioes anyone know wat is required and how to service the stability/traction? on 2008 Chevrolet Equinox
Asked by for the 2008 Chevrolet Equinox
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Equinox Questions
- MY ENGINE IS VIBRATING WHILE STANDING STILL FROM UNDER THE HOOD IN FRONT OF ENGI
- What is the average schedule maintenance for a timing belt.
- Price range to replace rotors?
- P0340 DTC I've tried cleaning the connections why do I still have this problem?
- Car dies at stops. Doesn't always start. Shutters. Gas in crankcase.
2008 Chevrolet Equinox Estimates
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($133 - $171) in Merrillan, WI
- Automatic Transmission Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in Madison, NH
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($432 - $842) in Bethel Park, PA
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($92 - $167) in Colerain, NC
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($273 - $305) in Claremont, VA
- Engine Oil Filter Adapter Replacement ($409 - $517) in Emigrant Gap, CA