Does anyone at GM know what is wrong when the stability/traction control service lights come on and then go off with a 2008 Chevy Equinox? It apprears that no one is prepared to give a specific answer. My car does it when the roadconditions change, ie when it first starts snowing or raining and then it goes out again. Is the ECU saying that it is aware ofthe changing conditions and has made allowances or has it just freaked out when it realises that it may have to do some work? I like the car, however the elctronic issues concern me? I agree with the master tech's comments about good quality and frequent servicing. I am suprisedthat no one on here has mentioned the intake manifold and cooling issues more. My local engine shop sells reconditioned intake manifolds for this model engine and has available an improved gasket. He says that most of his customers get to 60,000 miles and them the dexcool starts leaking. They also suggest going to the "green" prestone coolant, as it is not prone for breaking down. Changing the headlight bulb for the first time can be a challenge, however it is easily done. However why and where is there condensation leaking into the headlight assemblies and can this be prevented. I have used a hair drierto get ridof it, but it does come back. In the next few months I intend changing the serpentine belt, tensioner pulleys, water pump and intake manifold gasket as my car is getting up to 85,000 miles. Any comments about doing this work would be appreciated. Thanks Harry
Dioes anyone know wat is required and how to service the stability/traction? on 2008 Chevrolet Equinox
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Equinox Questions
- my engine light is on and the automatic starter will not work.
- code P2165 came up no power, idles rough and stability trek
- Battery is not dead but car will not turn over. Will not even open doors
- Am I able to pull the rear drive shaft and still be able to drive the car?
- p0008 code but car sims run fine thanks
2008 Chevrolet Equinox Estimates
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($301 - 433) in Merrillan, WI
- Brake Pad Replacement, Resurface Rotors ($345 - 460) in Madison, NH
- Air Filter Replacement ($59 - 80) in Bethel Park, PA
- Coolant Replacement/Flush ($95 - 125) in Colerain, NC
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($376 - 394) in Claremont, VA
- Suspension Coil Spring Replacement ($239 - 305) in Emigrant Gap, CA