My Rava4 only has 39,000 on it and I'm having problems with a cold start. It used to turn over quickly with 1 crank but now it takes several seconds longer. Once the engine is warm it fires up right away. The other problem I had yesterday, I was making a left turn and it stalled. I was able to get it restarted right away. Putting fuel injector cleaner has not seemed to help. I've been very careful about maintenance every 4,00 miles.
Difficult cold start on 2006 Toyota RAV4
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota RAV4 Questions
- Broken timing belt. Are my valves bent
- Suspect something is stuck in the gear box making 2nd gear inaccessible
- Car won't start on its own. Jump start works but dies after a few minutes.
- my check engine light and 4wheel drive light is on var may be in 4x mode
- why does my rav4 smoke when am driving without ac,but with AC it does not
2006 Toyota RAV4 Estimates
- 15,000 Mile Service ($53 - 96) in Brookhaven, MS
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Laughlintown, PA
- 22,500 Mile Service ($97 - 151) in Yellow Pine, ID
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($295 - 351) in Edwardsville, IL
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($1,265 - 1,461) in Hobbs, NM
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($30 - 116) in Studio City, CA