Car has 143,000 and is on 5th differential, a Ford limited slip and this one has gone 5 years. Started whining very loud 1000 miles ago. One mechanic looked at magnet plug and said diff is shot and just changed fluid. 2nd mechanic changed right rear wheel bearing, whine almost gone now, and said go ahead and drive it. Could shavings from a wheel bearing possibly get in the diff on this car? How many shavings are too many in this differential. Thanks, Georgeskiis
Differential Problesm on 2002 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- My truck won't turn over. I replaced the starter. Now it won't turn start
- Removing coil spring from strut. I used spring compressors to compress spring.
- How do I change a burned out lamp in the steering wheel controls?
- how do i disarm anti theft system PAT
- how can I disconnect the ABS module so that the ABS warning will not light up?
2002 Ford Explorer Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Replacement ($189 - 267) in Kendrick, ID
- Coolant Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Logan, OH
- Clutch Slave Cylinder Replacement ($581 - 779) in Walton, KS
- Engine Coolant Temperature Sensor Replacement ($100 - 169) in La Grange, TX
- Wheel Lug Stud Replacement ($50 - 119) in Loleta, CA
- Suspension Leaf Spring Replacement ($602 - 697) in Loretto, VA