Car has 143,000 and is on 5th differential, a Ford limited slip and this one has gone 5 years. Started whining very loud 1000 miles ago. One mechanic looked at magnet plug and said diff is shot and just changed fluid. 2nd mechanic changed right rear wheel bearing, whine almost gone now, and said go ahead and drive it. Could shavings from a wheel bearing possibly get in the diff on this car? How many shavings are too many in this differential. Thanks, Georgeskiis
Differential Problesm on 2002 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- I bought my car and was told i needed to get a new sink row.
- Will not come out of drive stays in it even in reverse.
- when filling gas tank gas pump shuts off like tank is full ,unless you fill very
- How can I trick the PCM into thinking there is a speed sensor, its engine swap.
- Replaced Ford range control it still goes forward in reverse.