Car has 143,000 and is on 5th differential, a Ford limited slip and this one has gone 5 years. Started whining very loud 1000 miles ago. One mechanic looked at magnet plug and said diff is shot and just changed fluid. 2nd mechanic changed right rear wheel bearing, whine almost gone now, and said go ahead and drive it. Could shavings from a wheel bearing possibly get in the diff on this car? How many shavings are too many in this differential. Thanks, Georgeskiis
Differential Problesm on 2002 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- my explorer chokes out and cuts off everytime i give it gas. what could it be?
- What law firm is doing the Ford Explorer lawsuit for plastic radiation connect.
- If my Explorer jumps time could it take out all three cylinders on One bank at the same time
- Is it okay to run conventional oil in my Explorer V6 non ecoboost engine?
- squeaks like the belt is loose then dies starts right back up