Car has 143,000 and is on 5th differential, a Ford limited slip and this one has gone 5 years. Started whining very loud 1000 miles ago. One mechanic looked at magnet plug and said diff is shot and just changed fluid. 2nd mechanic changed right rear wheel bearing, whine almost gone now, and said go ahead and drive it. Could shavings from a wheel bearing possibly get in the diff on this car? How many shavings are too many in this differential. Thanks, Georgeskiis
Differential Problesm on 2002 Ford Explorer
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Questions
- She won't start, getting a low voltage reading.
- what causes power lock not to unlock with key or door panel switch
- What causes the speedometer roll back and stop working?
- thought fuel pump was bad so put new one in and still wont start
- had transmission coil pack changed and now when i put it in drive it dies