My daughter accidentally put 3-4 gallons of diesel in her 2006 Nissan Sentra. She had a quarter tank of gas in her car already, when she caught the mistake, she switched to gas and filled the remainder with 5-6 more gallons of gas. So basically she has 3/4 tank of gas and 1/4 tank of Diesel. She drove approx. 10-15 miles since without any issues. What problems may this cause, should she continue to dilute the tank with regular fuel or should she have it pumped out?
Diesel in a Gasoline Tank on 2006 Nissan Sentra
Asked by for the 2006 Nissan Sentra
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by hemicuda ,
June 23, 2010
Probably should have a shop drain this and it should be fine after that and you can find a shop here http://repairpal.com/directory?address=43015&car_brand_names=Nissan give them a call and ask them about draining the fuel tank
This week's top 10
Recent Nissan Sentra Questions
- U1000, P0705,1722, 1705,1726,1777,0740,0745,1217 codes and high temp reading
- Engine light on. Was told that would need to replace 2 catalytic converters.
- Poor acceleration and gear shifting, loud noise that increases with speed...
- wipers still have power but i think a gear broke in the motor.
- Rough idle and sluggish acceleration
2006 Nissan Sentra Estimates
- Brake Drum Replacement ($323 - $502) in Taberg, NY
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in La Harpe, IL
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($398 - $2,358) in Bell Buckle, TN
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($338 - $578) in Centerville, IN
- Wheel Hub Assembly Replacement ($661 - $749) in Fountainville, PA
- Fuel Level Sending Unit Replacement ($419 - $729) in Aleppo, PA