I seem to be experiencing a lot of detonation under minor accelleration both around town and on the highway. I also have the piston slap at startup, but the noise on the road sounds more like detonation. I've tried high-octane gas, but that hasn't helped. My truck has 190,000 miles on it, and has been well cared for all of those miles. Any ideas on decreasing the detonation?
Detonation on 2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali
1 answerOctober 18, 2010
- 2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali Repair and Maintenance
- 2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali Maintenance Schedule
- 2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali Problems(24)
- 2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali Repair Estimates
- 2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali Q&A(8)
- 2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali Recalls(5)
- 2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali Shops
- 2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali Reviews(1)
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Yukon XL Denali Questions
- Steering wheel blockage issue when vehicle is cold or when making a u turn
- had to unlock door with key and found no power to vehicle at all inside either
- The passenger side mirror no longer folds in electronically. What is the likely cause and more importantly, repair solution?
- Do you have replace the whole transmissions when the truck isnt going into any gear
- How to find body type code?