I seem to be experiencing a lot of detonation under minor accelleration both around town and on the highway. I also have the piston slap at startup, but the noise on the road sounds more like detonation. I've tried high-octane gas, but that hasn't helped. My truck has 190,000 miles on it, and has been well cared for all of those miles. Any ideas on decreasing the detonation?
Detonation on 2001 GMC Yukon XL Denali
1 answerOctober 18, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent GMC Yukon XL Denali Questions
- The passenger side mirror no longer folds in electronically. What is the likely cause and more importantly, repair solution?
- Do you have replace the whole transmissions when the truck isnt going into any gear
- How to find body type code?
- After engine wouldn't start, tested all signs lead to fuel pump. Replaced and still won't start. Any suggestions?
- When already in motion when you go to give it more gas the truck acts like itnot