When ignition key turned -- nothing! No solenoid click -- no lights dim, no curent to scanner. All equipment, headlights, horn,wipers, air, etc works. Some lights in instrument panel comes on when key is turned but nting else. Sterter tuns over (not engegae) when shorting the two larger posts at solenoid. Canget the starter to engage when shorting between the ignition post and the battery and the other large post (post with wire from solenoid to starter) at the solenoid. Also once in awhile (very seldom) when openingthe door to get in, the interior lights and the dorr alarm (beep) will come on, and the engine will crank and start when turning the ignition key! I truly believe the problem is in the ignition switch, so I need help here
Detailed instructions to replace ignition switch. on 1998 Saturn SC2
This week's top 10
Recent Saturn SC2 Questions
- When i start my car it revs up to about 4300 rpm and wont come down
- replaced idol control sensor map sensor air something valve intake manifold car
- Where is the starter located on the engine of a'98 Saturn, SC2, 5 speed?
- While driving my car it will run for a few then stalls have to wait 10 to 15 minutes to start again then I will drive a little further then dies again. Then wait 10 to 15 min ect
- I need the complete sunroof and all the parts where can I get everything .
1998 Saturn SC2 Estimates
- 82,500 Mile Service ($159 - 227) in West Milford, WV
- Thermostat Replacement ($164 - 214) in Clear Spring, MD
- 52,500 Mile Service ($159 - 227) in Olmito, TX
- PCV Valve Replacement ($30 - 44) in New Tripoli, PA
- Emergency Brake Cable Replacement ($179 - 290) in Maurice, IA
- Engine Control Module Replacement ($328 - 954) in Auke Bay, AK