Nissan Q&A

2007 Nissan Versa Question: Design problem- Mice and small rodents can get in the heater box to stop air flo

grayfox88, Colorado Springs, CO, July 28, 2012, 13:30

Dealership says they have this problem frequently. It could be fixed by putting hardware cloth (wire) under the heater box. I had the heater replaced by the dealer but my regular mechanic said that they should have put a screen over the hole that the mice get in.
Since I live in the country, I will probably not buy another Nisson product. I had the same problem with my 87 Sentra.

Greg's Orange Auto (14262 Answers) , Orange, CA - (714) 361-9386
    globalhelper July 28, 2012, 15:42

this can happen on any car i have a toyota and have seen cust with several mice issues. you can't stop the little guys

grayfox88, July 29, 2012, 08:11

Thank you. I guess I will just have to live with it for a while and learn how to clean out the heater box by myself. I do keep D Con under the hood. I have less the 35000 miles on the car.

July 28, 2012, 23:29

Get a cat,and mabey dont feed it to much,cat can live on mice for a while.

grayfox88, July 29, 2012, 08:13

Thank you for your reply. I keep DCon under the hood. Don't want to kill the cat. Also the cat would probably become either coyote food or fox food. I will try putting peppermint oil in the heater to repel mice.

pushrod, July 29, 2012, 08:34

Well at least it will smell nice,someone should come up with a product to keep these
    pest out of vehciles.I've seen LOTS of damage to LOTS of different vehciles.Some
    runing in the hundreds of $.If you find anything that workes let us know!
    Maybe we will get rich.