The problem is my car failed inspection due to the defroster not working the heat and AC work but when i turn the heat up to 4 it cuts off compleatly 1 2 and 3 work fine but the 4 defrost makes no noise and does not work and how much should the problem cost me?
Defroster on 1997 Hyundai Elantra
Asked by for the 1997 Hyundai Elantra
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by DaveJM ,
March 01, 2011
Defroster not working on 4 is a classic symptom of a faulty heater blower resistor. Check and replace that and you will likely have your blower speeds back. Furthermore, please check your wiring connector at the resistor to make sure there is not any melted terminals or wiring issues.
1 answerAugust 23, 2016
0 answersJanuary 27, 2015
1 answerAugust 04, 2014
1 answerMarch 12, 2012
1 answerDecember 27, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Elantra Questions
- oil system exploded while driving ,losing most oil. Has this been a problem
- Is my car covered with its warranty still?
- The inside door locking lever works for only front and rear right side only.
- car wont shift, stuck in park.
- My car will shift fine but then all of a sudden it just stops and won't move
1997 Hyundai Elantra Estimates
- Clutch Replacement ($812 - $1,034) in Ansley, NE
- Serpentine Belt Replacement ($101 - $178) in Goreville, IL
- Spark Plug Replacement ($68 - $91) in Sisseton, SD
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($314 - $623) in Vienna, MO
- Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement ($225 - $254) in Scurry, TX
- Fuel Evaporative Canister Replacement ($184 - $448) in Thompson, ND