The problem is my car failed inspection due to the defroster not working the heat and AC work but when i turn the heat up to 4 it cuts off compleatly 1 2 and 3 work fine but the 4 defrost makes no noise and does not work and how much should the problem cost me?
Defroster on 1997 Hyundai Elantra
ANSWER by DaveJM ,
March 01, 2011
Defroster not working on 4 is a classic symptom of a faulty heater blower resistor. Check and replace that and you will likely have your blower speeds back. Furthermore, please check your wiring connector at the resistor to make sure there is not any melted terminals or wiring issues.
1 answerAugust 23, 2016
0 answersJanuary 27, 2015
1 answerMarch 12, 2012
1 answerDecember 27, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Elantra Questions
- Where is the fuse for the brake lights it's not labeled on the fuse panel box
- Why do the rpm's stay high while shifting gears (5 speed manual trans)?
- Has anyone else had to reset the time on their clock again and again?
- Where is the turn signal relay located?
- Bought car recently for wife.Did not come with key fob.Can I get 1& how? Thank U
1997 Hyundai Elantra Estimates
- Radiator Fan Assembly Replacement ($203 - 265) in Ansley, NE
- Transmission Fluid Change ($144 - 187) in Goreville, IL
- Engine Overheating Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Sisseton, SD
- Strut/Shock Absorber Replacement - Front ($386 - 518) in Vienna, MO
- Steering Knuckle Replacement ($970 - 1,029) in Scurry, TX
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($52 - 67) in Thompson, ND