Will a defective MAS unit cause my 1990 Mercedes 300CE to gear down when going down the road? If so, where can I find one?
Defective MAS on 1990 Mercedes-Benz 300CE
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by HughJ ,
December 22, 2008
It sounds like you are experiencing a loss of power, and this can be caused by the MAS, or even a failing fuel pump. These types of problems can be difficult and expensive to diagnose without the proper diagnostic tools and knowledge.
This week's top 10
Recent Mercedes-Benz 300CE Questions
- Apologies! cut & paste landed here with question.Hope question how to fix 4 & 16
- Engine lt on. codes: 4 air injection inop 16 Clsd throttle postn info defectiv
- Car starts and shuts off
- Troubleshooting bad exhaust valve
- I have changed the cam and crank sensor on my 1992 mercedes 300ce, I have also changed the EZL...What is next? The car still won't start! Absolutely no spark !
1990 Mercedes-Benz 300CE Estimates
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($470 - 621) in Uehling, NE
- Wheel Alignment ($88 - 111) in Monroe, TN
- Alternator Replacement ($358 - 960) in Lewisburg, TN
- Oil Pump Replacement ($805 - 991) in Atwood, IN
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($81 - 94) in Strathcona, MN
- Parking Brake Shoe Replacement ($345 - 425) in Bartlett, OH