Lexus ES300 Problem Report

Lexus ES300 Engine Stall or Low Idle Due to Debris in Idle Air Control Valve

(16 reports)

Debris can get into the idle air control valve. This will restrict the air flow into the engine, causing idle speed and/or stalling when cold. The valve can be cleaned or replaced to correct this concern.

I just changed the battery...and now when it idles it dies out. Its fine when I give it gas, but once I take my foot off of the gas...there she goes. -
Idle problem from air control valve -
The same problem with my 1999 Lexus ES 300. It is an intermittent problem and suspect something wrong with the Air Intake System. I remove the throttle assembly and clean the IAC (Idle Air Control)and the problem was solved. -
Had same problem - stalling and running rough. Took the assembly out and cleaned even though it didn't look real dirty. Problem solved. Runs like new. -
It starts and run good but when I stop at the light it hesitate and seem like it is going to shut off -
Took it to Lexus, took them a week to figure it out. Then they realized it was the air hose. Problem solved. -
car starts and runs but won't idle and stalls -
My car is idling hard and it feels like it wants to cut off when I'm at a light. It also feels...
Intermittent failure of a purge control valve in the evaporative emission system can cause the...
the car is hard to start but once sarted runs fine
96 Lexus ES300 sometimes (especially when car left un-driven more than two days) get low idle s...
The car had been stalling on the 2nd or 3rd use of the day lately, never the first startup in t...