Engine Stall or Low Idle Due to Debris in Idle Air Control Valve on Lexus ES300

Problem Description and Possible Solution

Debris can get into the idle air control valve. This will restrict the air flow into the engine, causing idle speed and/or stalling when cold. The valve can be cleaned or replaced to correct this concern.

Problem Data
RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 139,880 (80,000–220,000)
Engine affected: 3.0L V6
12 model years affected: 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, more1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
27 people reported this problem
Viewing 1 - 11 of 11 problem details
I just changed the battery...and now when it idles it dies out. Its fine when I give it gas, but once I take my foot off of the gas...there she goes.
It starts and run good but when I stop at the light it hesitate and seem like it is going to shut off
The same problem with my 1999 Lexus ES 300. It is an intermittent problem and suspect something wrong with the Air Intake System. I remove the throttle assembly and clean the IAC (Idle Air Control)and the problem was solved.
I just changed the battery and it ran great for about 10 min, then i turned it off and when i restarted it the engine wouldnt idl . Itll run if you hold the pedal down, but. Once you release the pedal it dies
Idle problem from air control valve
Had same problem - stalling and running rough. Took the assembly out and cleaned even though it didn't look real dirty. Problem solved. Runs like new.
I got this car about a month ago, and put 300 miles on it. It started idling rough today and when I drove,it was really power deprived it seemed, so I'm taking it to my mechanic.Wierd thing is, no check engine light.
Took it to Lexus, took them a week to figure it out. Then they realized it was the air hose. Problem solved.
Today I started it and it died. 5x. If I gas it she's fine and will stay running, just won't stay idling without gas being applied.
car starts and runs but won't idle and stalls