Toyota Camry Problem Report

Toyota Camry Low Engine Idle and/or Stalling Due to Dirty Idle Air Control Valve

(13 reports)

Debris can get into the idle air control valve. This will restrict the air flow into the engine, causing idle speed and/or stalling when cold. The valve can be cleaned or replaced to correct this concern.

Debris in Idle Air Control Valve cause the car to idle roughly at stop and then engine shuts off. Engine will restart by turning the ignition key off and re-ingage the starter. Everything work fine for about a couple of weeks and then the problem re-occures. Engine always restart. -
Everytime my car idles or I release the brake the car hesitates and cuts off. I am in desperate need of a mechanic that can repair my car. I took it to a local mechanic and the car did not cut off at the time and they could not resolve the problem. -
idle air control valve plugged with carbon, would stall or not start without holding throttle slightly open, fixed myself piece of cake. -
Sputters and idles low...sometimes dies out but will start right back up like it's got a vacuum -
Cold idle speed around 1000 rpm. After spray cleaner in the TB, cold idle speed back up to 2000 rpm. But warm idle still rough. Jumping up and down around 700 rpm. -
Tengo dos toyotas camry uno es 1999 tenia problemas para encender en frio .ensendia tartamudiaba y se apagaba en ocacio es se aceleraba demasiado compre la valvula 325.00 original genuina del dealer y asunto arreglado.ahora el problema es con el otro un 2001 todavia no lo arreglo. -
The past few weeks I've been having idling issues. When I'm stopped at a light, the car at tim...
On a scale of 1-10 how difficult is it to install this valve on this vehicle?
I live in Oregon and own a 1995 Camry 2.2L w/automatic transmision,after 30 or 40 minutes of dr...
I get an intermittant engine code (about once a week but sometimes more often) that is P0401 -...
Cannot control air flow direction from vents, air will not divert from floor to defrost or any...