On 4/8/10 my battery was dead. I was able to jump start the car and had the battery rechareged and checked out at Merchant's Tire. The battery showed no defects and held a charge. On 6/5/10, the battery died again. I took the car to my Chevy dealer and they were 98% sure that it was an alternator problem, so I told them to put in a new alternator on 6/10/10. The battery was recharged, checked and showed no defects. On 6/25/10, the engine barely turned over. It was the battery problem again. It appears that something is draining the battery, when the ignition is off. Any ideas on what might be draining my battery, when the ignition is off. The car has 28,000 miles.
Dead battery on 2006 Chevrolet Impala SS
by FISWIZARD in Waynesboro, VA on June 27, 2010
1 answerSeptember 15, 2010
0 answersJanuary 09, 2016
0 answersJanuary 06, 2015
This week's top 10
Recent Chevrolet Impala SS Questions
- 95 impala ss when in drive the motor lacks power and after I reach 30mph I regain power
- right rear turn signal don't work but front do or brake light
- Engine light came on, hooked it up to the machine and it told me bad coil on cylinder #6 and oil pressure sensor. Changed coil and sensor but getting the same message. What could be the problem?
- My pcm fuel blown every time I crank my car
- my key is stuck in ign. and won't come out of park.i tore into the console and pushed the release manually ,put in neutral still can't remove the key or get it to turn over.is my anti-theft messed up ?