Damaged Cam Position Sensor May Cause Engine Problems on Chrysler Concorde

A damaged cam position sensor (or its wires and connector) can cause intermittent stalling, stumbles, or hard starting.

RepairPal Verified
Average mileage: 108,411 (11,900–205,000)
Engines affected: 2.7L V6, 3.2L V6, 3.5L V6
8 model years affected: 1995, 1998, 1999, 2000, more2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
28 people reported this problem
14 people shared problem details
1998 Chrysler Concorde- 3.2L V6177,600
car runs fine but seldomly turns off and wont start again after 5-10 minutes just cranks and sounds like battery is dead but its not throws the code 0340 which i know is the cam sensor or crank sensor replaced the can sensor 3 times and replaced the wires connecting to the cam sensor what can it be
replace cam shaft sensor 2years ago engine lite cam on same problem how long do they last also this car is from fla and now in michigan
1999 Chrysler Concorde- 3.2L V640,000
Drops one or more cylinders intermittently. Occurs during acceleration, steady state interstate speeds, going around corners, initial acceleration and idle. Will do it repetedly during a single incident or may not do it for a couple of months. Dealer tried to fix oil leak at front of head or cam sensor at low mileage, and it started after that. Eng light kept coming on. Code read cam sensor.
2004 Chrysler Concorde- 3.2L V6117,070
Sometime car will not start
2004 Chrysler Concorde- 3.5L V6100,000
code po340 and po344 can sensor defective
2004 Chrysler Concorde- 3.5L V6
Two years ago, my car would occasionally shake when changing gears, notably first into second and around 60 mph. my check engine late came on and spit out the camshaft sensor code. I got it replaced and didn't have any problems with it again until 2 days ago, the car shuddered shifting gears like it did back when i had issues with the camshaft sensor. i had the check engine light checked and sure enough i'm having to get it replaced yet again.
2003 Chrysler Concorde- 3.5L V667,000
Replace Cam Shaft Positioning Sensor.
1995 Chrysler Concorde- 3.2L V6120,000
First started with a complete engine stall. Followed by failure of engine to even crank when turning ignition. Problem progressed over time until it would take nearly half an hour for the car to eventually start. However, in the middle of the half hour, the engine would crank a couple of time and fail to start, requiring many more ignition retries. When I turn the key to start, a click will come from the engine (not sure which part exactly) and all lights come one. It sound similar to hitting a spoon on the bottom of a pan. click, clik, click, click, whir-whir-fail, click click...etc. I've tried a new starter, new battery, ignition relay, ignition switch and have bought a cam position sensor that I have yet to put on.
2003 Chrysler Concorde- 2.7L V665,038
Camshaft sensor failure. Car will start after 7 to 10 seconds of cranking with camshaft sensor unplugged but will not rev over 2500 RPMs. I'm told that the PCM needs to be flashed via service bullitin TSB-ER-J18. There was a recall for this 18j18182 j18 but has been cancalled. This is very upsetting after seeing how many people have this problem. If you do not flash (reprogram) the PCM with the LATEST software right away, you will burn up one or both catalytic converters due to a rich condition directly associated with this problem.
2004 Chrysler Concorde- 2.7L V6100,568
it's not fixed yet. I am getting estimates. What have you paid for this repair? I understand the part costs between 40-$60 depending on where you buy. My car has been stumbling, hard starts, stalling etc. I accidentally found out I needed one when I took the car to a transmission place for something else. I
As I arrived and stopped to a Red Light, the car suddenly turned off and we had to move back the key and turn the car back on. After we turned it on, the Check Engine light turned on. We went to an auto store to get the code, and it turned out to be a faulty Camshaft Position Sensor. Replacement of the sensor at a shop was necessary.
2004 Chrysler Concorde- 3.2L V6205,000
There were times the car wouldn't start, but I found if I held the brake down, turned ignitinon to "on" and then moved the gear shift from P to D and back to P. Then tried to start.. it would crank and crank.. and between the count of 8-12 would suddenly start. AS it was intermittant I limped it along for almost a year by doing this. Finally it was doing it multiple times a day so I took it in and had the Cam position sensor replaced.
1998 Chrysler Concorde- 2.7L V6160,000
Car stalls at low speed or idle. Well not start for half hour. After half hour car starts back up.
2004 Chrysler Concorde- 3.5L V665,000
Occasionally would fail to start for a few seconds. Wait a minute and would start fine. Check engine light finally showed up and fixed by replacing cam positioning sensor.
oil light flickers only at stop/idle. have replaced the oil pressure sending unit at dealership...
When a no start condition is caused by a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, related fault co...
coolant leak then no start replaced sensor still no start
Yea, No, Those OBD II Car Readers are dangerous in the hands of a rookie. I was desperate, had...