Chrysler Concorde Problem Report

Chrysler Concorde Damaged Cam Position Sensor May Cause Engine Problems

(20 reports)

A damaged cam position sensor (or its wires and connector) can cause intermittent stalling, stumbles, or hard starting.

car runs fine but seldomly turns off and wont start again after 5-10 minutes just cranks and sounds like battery is dead but its not throws the code 0340 which i know is the cam sensor or crank sensor replaced the can sensor 3 times and replaced the wires connecting to the cam sensor what can it be -
replace cam shaft sensor 2years ago engine lite cam on same problem how long do they last also this car is from fla and now in michigan -
code po340 and po344 can sensor defective -
Replace Cam Shaft Positioning Sensor. -
Two years ago, my car would occasionally shake when changing gears, notably first into second and around 60 mph. my check engine late came on and spit out the camshaft sensor code. I got it replaced and didn't have any problems with it again until 2 days ago, the car shuddered shifting gears like it did back when i had issues with the camshaft sensor. i had the check engine light checked and sure enough i'm having to get it replaced yet again. -
Drops one or more cylinders intermittently. Occurs during acceleration, steady state interstate speeds, going around corners, initial acceleration and idle. Will do it repetedly during a single incident or may not do it for a couple of months. Dealer tried to fix oil leak at front of head or cam sensor at low mileage, and it started after that. Eng light kept coming on. Code read cam sensor. -
As I arrived and stopped to a Red Light, the car suddenly turned off and we had to move back the key and turn the car back on. After we turned it on, the Check Engine light turned on. We went to an auto store to get the code, and it turned out to be a faulty Camshaft Position Sensor. Replacement of the sensor at a shop was necessary. -
There were times the car wouldn't start, but I found if I held the brake down, turned ignitinon to "on" and then moved the gear shift from P to D and back to P. Then tried to start.. it would crank and crank.. and between the count of 8-12 would suddenly start. AS it was intermittant I limped it along for almost a year by doing this. Finally it was doing it multiple times a day so I took it in and had the Cam position sensor replaced. -
Car stalls at low speed or idle. Well not start for half hour. After half hour car starts back up. -
Occasionally would fail to start for a few seconds. Wait a minute and would start fine. Check engine light finally showed up and fixed by replacing cam positioning sensor. -
coolant leak then no start replaced sensor still no start
oil light flickers only at stop/idle. have replaced the oil pressure sending unit at dealership...
When a no start condition is caused by a faulty camshaft or crankshaft sensor, related fault co...
Yea, No, Those OBD II Car Readers are dangerous in the hands of a rookie. I was desperate, had...
Took my car in two times allready firsttm you said they fixed the crank shaft. When I got my ca...