Last summer due to poor cooling I had my AC checked and the garage had replaced my receiver/dryer. Dye was added to the system and now leaks are present this year. However, I noticed during the winter when I had on the defroster, the compressor was cycling every 10 - 15 seconds as if low freon was in the system. Now that it is June I turned on the AC and the system works fine but the cycling is present. I noticed that when the truck is in park there is no cycling, but when in drive it cycles. Is this an electrical problem? What should be checked and replaced?
Cycling of AC compressor on 2001 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
by justices in Stockton, NJ on May 26, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Sport Trac Questions
- my dash is gone crazy. at a dead stop it will say i am going 40,other times it dont regester nothing, not fuel speed milage nothing, and the check engine light will come on when this happens, what do i need to look for to get it fixed?
- Why don't the wiper and washer work?
- Came out of the blue. We went to go somewhere and when we turned the truck keys over we heard a pop and it smoked. We changed a lot of parts but still same thing can anyone help please.it starts but won't stay running
- Hi, I have a 04 sports Trac an my truck only has one or another issue but not both at the same time.. either the gas hand isn't working at times or its the speed odometer... Other than that every other gauge is working.. Can anyone help??????
- I'm driving and it just died i heard a click seemed like an electrical problem. Coasted over tried to start wouldn't. Batterys charged.