cvt transmission problems on 2006 Ford Five Hundred

ford 500 has 60,000 miles on it and making a constant whinning sound and does not seem to be driving right. the car feels like it does not want to shift right.

by in West Orange, NJ on August 10, 2010
3 answers
ANSWER by on August 10, 2010
where does the whine come from?? front, rear wheels or powertrain related. roy
ANSWER by on August 12, 2010
Hi, CVT trans has a chain and gears a transmission inspection is needed to diag the worn parts. Our shop has experiance on cvt trans, we can get your 500 back in shape look me up
ANSWER by on August 30, 2010
what about the code coming up with tire tracks swiriling and the AWD mulfunction?
PO641my 2005 ford 500 has 50,000miles AWD it goes into limp mode,and will not go over 50 mph and the transmission will not shift.we reset the code,in around 200 miles it did the same thing.The sho...
does it have a transmission filter
transmission works fine if one gradually accelerates and continues to drive at higher speed. In traffic at various speeds in the 30 to 50 mph range there is hesitation and excess noise when slowly ...
A Ford dealer said that the CVT fluid only needs to be changed ever 90,000 miles, but Ford's maintenance schedule appears to indicate a 60,000 mile drain interval...who is correct? Considering the ...
Should my Ford 500 still be under warranty for compressor repairs if it has 79,000 miles?