CV Half Shaft Boot Kit
The CV (constant velocity) half shaft boot kit includes a CV boot (or cover), grease, and clamps. Its purpose is to secure the boot to the axle shaft.
Symptoms of Wear or Failure
- Cracking or splitting of rubber boot
- Grease from torn boot slung around area of damaged boot
- Clicking sound when going around corners
Related Repair Advice
- A torn axle boot can be replaced without replacing the complete axle assembly. However, unseen damage may have occurred to the axle joint resulting in problems later on.
- An axle half shaft replacement is often recommended if the part has been removed during another repair and inspection shows that it is worn and due for replacement
- We recommend using new replacement CV axle shafts. Due to the dropping part prices, it has become very economical to do so, and new units are much more reliable than rebuilt units.