I had 3 dealership mechanics in the past 4 years tell me the CV boots are leaking and need to be replaced. I looked and don't see any leaks. Is this realy necessary? I had a friend tell me he drove his vehicle for 4 years with no CV boots, it rode like cr@p but still worked. My LC drives like a champ with no noise. Any opinions out there?
CV Boots Leaking on 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser
Asked by for the 1998 Toyota Land Cruiser
1 more answer
This week's top 10
Recent Toyota Land Cruiser Questions
- My AC emits a unfamiliar smell, AC drain tube is leaking, and making noises
- If I have a P0705 code on an '07 Toyota Land Cruiser, then is it ok to drive it?
- Toyota Land Cruiser code C1241, C1268
- What would cause the windsheild wipers to not work?
- What is responsible for check engine, Lo and Trac off lights illuminated
1998 Toyota Land Cruiser Estimates
- Brake Drum Replacement ($428 - $680) in Scotts Mills, OR
- No Start Diagnosis ($88 - $111) in New Meadows, ID
- Shock Absorber Replacement - Rear ($147 - $307) in Fort Polk, LA
- Coolant Reservoir Replacement ($119 - $139) in Lincoln Park, NJ
- Stabilizer Bar Link Kit Replacement ($707 - $793) in Kramer, ND
- Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($284 - $398) in Madill, OK