cutting off problem on 1995 Nissan Maxima

My car cuts off while sitting at red lights & while the air is on.Problem doesn't show up on computer. What could it be?

by in Rembert, SC on June 30, 2009
2 answers 1 comment
ANSWER by on July 02, 2009
Could be a multitude of things, so hard to guess without being able to drive the car or experience the problem first hand. It could be a vacuum leak, or idle speed control problem. Have seen air flow meters to cause a loss of power and stalling as well but all the problems I mention cause a Service Engine Soon light to illuminate. Scan tool information then shows lean mixture codes and Long and Short Term Fuel Trim figures to be radically off.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiate
COMMENT by on July 09, 2009
Knock sensor in itself shouldn't cause the car to cut out (a lot of Nissans store what seems like an erroneous knock sensor code). I have seen a lot of air flow meters cause stalling but they flag a coded for lean conditions.
ANSWER by on July 08, 2009
I had a similar problem with my 1995 Maxima. I took it to a local shop in Glendale, CA. They identified the knock sensor as the problem. They replaced it for me and the problem disappeared.
1 person likes thisFlag inappropiateReply
My nissan cuts off by itself whenever I come to a complete stop or at a stop light. I had the plugs changed..What could be the problem?
ENGINE RUNNING AND I PUT IT ON REVERSE OR DRIVE ENGINE WILL CUT OFF. ALSO WHEN TRYING TO STOP IT WILL CUT OFF THE ENGINE. IT STARTED LAST NIGHT.
My Maxima keeps cutting off and hesitating. There are no problems with the engine or battery. I've had a tune up and I've gotten the vacuum line fixed. It still cuts off. The mechanic said it may ...
I have a 1995 Nissan Maxima. It's my first car and I Love it. It started skipping on day. It'll crank but when I put it in drive, it'll cut off. I got someone to take a look at it. First they said ...
Car starts but cuts off have to try to start the car a number of times before it starts