Car Problem Reports

1 Report
Me Too

Model Year Affected: 2012

•  Enthusiast

I purchased a 2012 Red CTS-V off the lot of a Houston area Cadillac dealer. Shortly after purchasing the car, I heard a rattle when accelerating on to the highway. I immediately set up an appointment to the dealer to have it looked at. When speaking to the service advisor, he asked if I put "regular" gas in the tank (off to a REAL bad start). I stated I knew about the corvette pushrod technology and the eaton supercharger screwed on the engine. It wasn't the gas. They kept the car for a week and called me stating they couldn't re-create the problem. I immediately took the service manager for a drive and he in fact clearly heard the rattling. He had stated he never had a CTS-V with a problem such as this. Again, the car went into the shop. While they were looking at it, I looked online and found there is a common problem with the superchargers on these vehicles. GM, being the penny pinchers that they are, put low grade isolators on the superchargers, creating a rattling noise and in time, will cause the supercharger to fail. When I spoke to the service advisor, they begrudgingly replaced the supercharger. Upon taking delivery of the vehicle (after being in the shop over half of the time I owned it), I noticed the car would not shift into third or fifth gears smoothly. Again, the car went back in the shop and the gear box needed to be replaced. I called GM in Detroit and they stated although the car had problems, it was not a lemon. The minute I picked up the car with the new gearbox, I traded it in. GM continues to build sub-standard vehicles, using old school engine and parts and contrary to what some believe, still build crummy cars.