1990 GMC S15 Jimmy Q&A

1990 GMC S15 Jimmy Question: cruise control problem

I foud a 3 wire black sleeved cablr coming from the cruise/wiper/turn sign. switch on the column that has a receptacle i dont reconize,I had a s15 before that I replaced the column in from a truck with cruise but mine didn't have it so I didn't worry about it.This truck is original & for some reason it's been disconnected,does anyone know where this wire is supposed to plug in? I am assuming this is why my cruise is not working, any help would be greatly appreciated..........thanx -
You swapped steering columns? Did you have cruise control before the swap and then it stopped working? -
Comment 1
the column swap was my old truck wich didn't have cruise so I wasn't concerned the question relates to my new truck wich is original with cruise but it is the same wire i found in the column swap in the old truck -
Checked fuse, i am getting continuity up through the push button on turn signal lever, replaced small black box under dash, left of steering colmn. i have great vacuum to throttle actuator. please ...