Cruise control problem on 2002 Toyota RAV4

My 2002 Rav 4wd 5speed 99,000 plus miles. just had clutch, rear wheel bearings replaced. Cruise control won't engage anymore. The cruise light blinks continually every 20 seconds or so. My mechanic problem shooting did not correct. Says I need to have Toyota run a diagnostic. Anybody have solution?

by in Baldwinsville, NY on March 17, 2011
1 answer
ANSWER by on March 17, 2011
you have a mechanic and not a technician. look up a good local shop that specializes in Japanese cars; ask them if they have the software to diagnose cruise control on a Toyota. going to the stealership is just a cop out.
Reapair cruise control (does not work at all)and seat belt sensor (blinks even with seat belt hooked up).
My car misses and jerks/lunges when I reach cruising speed. It does not do this while accelerating or decelerating only when I let off the gas to maintain speed. I received a troubleshooting P05...
never any problem with this vehicle, till my lady started it this evening after it sat outside in the sxun most of the day. the pin out showing on my scan tool stated, E1 to D1 jump from the under...
I have a 2000 toyota Rav 4 my brake lights don't work i checked the fuse and light balbs they where both good the tail lights work but no brake lights