car originally had aftermarket sec sys (hornet) but due to starting when wanted had removed, car started ok (5 mo later) it now either starts immed or in 5, 10 , 25 or all day intervals. today would not start at all, ran battery down trying, jumper but no start. went back an hour later, left cables on for about 15 min started. once started has plenty of fuel. when we were trying to jump first time put pen in little plug in engine and fuel spurted out. car has valet? no longer have remote after taking aftermarket sec system off. check engine light has just begun to come on once started but goes off immediately, not enough time to have diagnosed. have had advance check all electrical, all okay. fuel pump has tested okay, button in trunk is pressed down. fuel pump relay, ignition wire or valet? Thank you.
Cranks no start on 1995 Ford Mustang GT
Asked by for the 1995 Ford Mustang GT
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by lawrenceg ,
October 31, 2009
Once the check engine light comes on, a diagnostic code is stored and will remain until it is erased, so you should check that. The other test that needs to be checked is for spark at the plugs and are the injectors delivering fuel to the engine?
1 answerNovember 27, 2010
1 answerFebruary 10, 2010
1 answerJuly 20, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Mustang GT Questions
- what can be done to improve the headrest. they only lift about 3/4 of an inch
- What oil is best for 1998 mustang gt 4.6l sohc. Motorcraft 5w20 or 5w30
- Why is my car leaving a puddle of water under the car?
- P0171 and P0174 idles fine no vacuum leaks. Replaced MAF sensor.
- Battery voltage drops while driving car dies.have new battery,put 160 amp
1995 Ford Mustang GT Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($132 - $174) in Avoca, IA
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($223 - $334) in Post Falls, ID
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($647 - $1,073) in North Miami, FL
- Heater Blower Motor Resistor Replacement ($48 - $250) in Mc Clure, IL
- Brake Light Switch Replacement ($41 - $103) in South Butler, NY
- Window Switch Replacement ($90 - $181) in Zalma, MO