I have a 2001 Ford Taurus with power door locks. There are 2 methods for programming the auto-lock feature that will lock the doors after the car is placed into drive. Recently, the auto-lock feature keeps trying to relock the doors continuously while driving and has even auto-locked when the car is parked in the garage. I used the “owners” method listed in the manual to deactivate the auto-lock feature and it solved the problem for a short time. Now, deactivating the auto-lock feature doesn’t help solve the problem. The second method listed must be done by a dealer. I’m guessing the door lock control module (if there is such a thing) is shot. Is there something I can do, or do I have to have an expensive dealer repair done to the car. THANKS!
Crazy Door Locks on 2001 Ford Taurus
3 answersFebruary 03, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- while driving rpm drops down motor cuts off
- I've changed the 02 sensor and the check engine lights is still on.... Now what?
- Why does my fuse number 28 keep blowing in my 2000 Ford Taurus
- Hit a deer with car and now will not turn over. If we use a bypass it will turn
- I don't know why my brake light only works when I press completely down.
2001 Ford Taurus Estimates
- Fuel Filter Change ($84 - 123) in Hufsmith, TX
- PCV Valve Replacement ($34 - 46) in Pine River, MN
- Air Pump Replacement ($311 - 403) in Angela, MT
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($127 - 221) in Northfield, IL
- Trans Oil Cooler Line Replacement ($109 - 375) in Middletown, IA
- Pre-Purchase Car Inspection ($105 - 134) in Corning, IA