I have a 2001 Ford Taurus with power door locks. There are 2 methods for programming the auto-lock feature that will lock the doors after the car is placed into drive. Recently, the auto-lock feature keeps trying to relock the doors continuously while driving and has even auto-locked when the car is parked in the garage. I used the “owners” method listed in the manual to deactivate the auto-lock feature and it solved the problem for a short time. Now, deactivating the auto-lock feature doesn’t help solve the problem. The second method listed must be done by a dealer. I’m guessing the door lock control module (if there is such a thing) is shot. Is there something I can do, or do I have to have an expensive dealer repair done to the car. THANKS!
Crazy Door Locks on 2001 Ford Taurus
3 answersFebruary 03, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- Why does my steering wheel shake when I'm braking during deceleration?
- small leak trans pan gasket. said need thicker gasket. Tighten bolt order. .
- If I paid 535 get my car to pass a smog and the engine light still stays on so
- Car bounces and tire rod problems
- I'm changing plugs and did not pay attention to the wire connecting order