I have a 2001 Ford Taurus with power door locks. There are 2 methods for programming the auto-lock feature that will lock the doors after the car is placed into drive. Recently, the auto-lock feature keeps trying to relock the doors continuously while driving and has even auto-locked when the car is parked in the garage. I used the “owners” method listed in the manual to deactivate the auto-lock feature and it solved the problem for a short time. Now, deactivating the auto-lock feature doesn’t help solve the problem. The second method listed must be done by a dealer. I’m guessing the door lock control module (if there is such a thing) is shot. Is there something I can do, or do I have to have an expensive dealer repair done to the car. THANKS!
Crazy Door Locks on 2001 Ford Taurus
3 answersFebruary 03, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- 3rd hub assembly replacement this month. Ideas why it keeps going bad?
- The transmission won t engage . no matter what gear I put it in I get netural
- I want to know if there is a recall on the door handles.mineis broken
- My battery light is on the right side of the dash and the motor light is on the that mean
- how to install wiring harvest on this year an model