I have a 2001 Ford Taurus with power door locks. There are 2 methods for programming the auto-lock feature that will lock the doors after the car is placed into drive. Recently, the auto-lock feature keeps trying to relock the doors continuously while driving and has even auto-locked when the car is parked in the garage. I used the “owners” method listed in the manual to deactivate the auto-lock feature and it solved the problem for a short time. Now, deactivating the auto-lock feature doesn’t help solve the problem. The second method listed must be done by a dealer. I’m guessing the door lock control module (if there is such a thing) is shot. Is there something I can do, or do I have to have an expensive dealer repair done to the car. THANKS!
Crazy Door Locks on 2001 Ford Taurus
Asked by for the 2001 Ford Taurus
3 answersFebruary 03, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- Car is leaking from around water pump but is not the water pump! Firestone said,
- I spilt soda all over the middle console 10 min. later the heater went crazy?
- Codes that are showing are p0351 and p0353. Says ignition coils A and C.
- how to program the cluster on the dash
- When I crank my car the car studders and stops. I let it rest for 15 minutes.
2001 Ford Taurus Estimates
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($266 - $497) in Hufsmith, TX
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Front ($287 - $679) in Pine River, MN
- Coolant Reservoir Replacement ($124 - $170) in Angela, MT
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($467 - $589) in Northfield, IL
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($872 - $975) in Middletown, IA
- CV Axle Assembly Replacement ($396 - $641) in Corning, IA