I have a 2001 Ford Taurus with power door locks. There are 2 methods for programming the auto-lock feature that will lock the doors after the car is placed into drive. Recently, the auto-lock feature keeps trying to relock the doors continuously while driving and has even auto-locked when the car is parked in the garage. I used the “owners” method listed in the manual to deactivate the auto-lock feature and it solved the problem for a short time. Now, deactivating the auto-lock feature doesn’t help solve the problem. The second method listed must be done by a dealer. I’m guessing the door lock control module (if there is such a thing) is shot. Is there something I can do, or do I have to have an expensive dealer repair done to the car. THANKS!
Crazy Door Locks on 2001 Ford Taurus
by crazylocks in Bettendorf, IA on February 16, 2010
2 answersFebruary 03, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Taurus Questions
- My A/C turns on and off when the car is running. Ive been told its the relay or the pressure cut off switch, easy fix and how do i tell?
- 2002 Ford Taurus power windows and interior lights, while driving or in park, you hear a clicking sound and they go off and on.
- Is the 1999 Taurus compitiable with a 2002 Taurus. My sister his a tree in mine and I'm wondering is parts off of the 2002 model with work on the 1999 model
- How much would it cost me to replace lower control arm? And what are common related issues I should worry about that go hand in hand with control arm replacement?
- Car failed smog emissions max 502 results 571?hose of evaporate solenoid is disconnected and defective? Cooling