how do you replace
Hyundai Q&AAsk Your Question
2003 Hyundai Sonata Question: crankshaft position sensor
Answer #1Bret Bodas October 06, 2009, 19:01Master
This is from the Chilton Manual:
Removal & Installation:
1. Disconnect the negative battery cable.
2. Disconnect the connector from the sensor.
3. Remove the bolt that retains the sensor in place.
4. Remove the sensor from its mounting.
1. Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
2. Clearance between the sensor and the sensor wheel should be 0.020–0.059 inch.
Visitor, June 23, 2010, 22:56
I'm sorry but Haynes repair manual says you have to remove the timing belt cover to get to it...still looking for a good picture or drawing showing the exact location of this before I start tearing my car up!!
ReplyVisitor, February 22, 2011, 17:24
To replace the ckp sensor you must remove the timing belt cover AND the timing belt also because the wires are attached between the engine block and the timing belt and you can't pull the wires trough because of the connector at the end of the sensor's harness