This has happened several times in the past year, ALWAYS when it was driven just a mile or two and then parked for a few minutes. On prior failures, (5 or 6) it has always resolved itself after sitting for 30-60 minutes. Tonight there was still no spark after sitting 75 minutes (temperature about 35 degrees). It started fine this morning at 24 degrees and a few minutes earlier. The other failures were in much warmer weather. Checked spark on both ignition modules - nothing, so it is something further up the line. Sensor? Relay? It has never failed to start when cold, only under the conditions described above. Check engine light has been on forever. The code is "random cylinder misfire". Mechanic has been unable to resolve that one. Clearing the code works for a week or two before it returns.
Cranks, but no spark. Only happens after short stop at store. on 2003 Mazda Protege
Asked by for the 2003 Mazda Protege
2 more answers
This week's top 10
Recent Mazda Protege Questions
- We hat els would make it not drive when it feels like the clutch but not?
- Can a automatic transmission starter work in a manual transmission 2001 protege
- The Ecm is bad in my protoge. I've bought a different one but it didn't work.
- Where is the fuse box location? I changed the bu lb in back over license plate
- My key broke in half it was in my pant pocket where can i get another one
2003 Mazda Protege Estimates
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement - Front ($277 - 360) in Blaine, ME
- Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement ($209 - 321) in Navarre, FL
- Fuel Pump Replacement ($305 - 443) in Clarksburg, MO
- ABS Control Module Replacement ($742 - 1,587) in Buchanan, ND
- Air Conditioning Receiver Drier Assembly Replacement ($93 - 311) in Carrollton, GA
- Engine Front Cover Gasket Replacement ($193 - 244) in Port Allen, LA