Took my 01 BMW 740i for smog check. Diagnostics listed about six codes, all sensors. Was told car had a misfire?? The car turns on, but it stales like its runing out if power gas and then all of a sudden takes off as I'm trying to push more gas like a bat out of hell!! Wen its jst parked it kinda shakes a little.when I have extra cash I fill up the tank and it'll drive fine.... Gas is low so ill fill it up again n it'll start acting up again for a few weeks. its a demon car!! I only had money to replace the camshaft sensor n that helped for awhile..now car recently made a loud hissing noise n stopped stalling but water is leaking or sumtin cause its overheating quickly. Goes thru coolant like crazy! Please tell me way could b the problem so I can figure out how much ill have to invest in it before I can get rid of it.
Could it just be sensors or something bigger? on 2001 BMW 740i
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 740i Questions
- Service engine light
- Engine misfiring on Bank 1 possibly due to timing problem. Could be timing guild
- How can i tell if my transmission is out of just needs to be flushed out
- What is my best option if I need to replace the alternator in my 2000 name 740i?
- What is the repair cost if my car needs timing change guides?
2001 BMW 740i Estimates
- AC Condenser Replacement ($439 - 713) in Nightmute, AK
- Power Steering Pressure Hose Replacement ($321 - 389) in Byromville, GA
- Oil and Filter Change ($74 - 140) in Girard, OH
- Catalytic Converter Replacement ($1,777 - 3,621) in Fort Irwin, CA
- Tie Rod Replacement ($230 - 282) in Hughes, AR
- Body Control System Diagnosis & Testing ($26 - 34) in Morgan, GA