My MKZ has 30,000Miles. In the last 2 mos., it has failed to start on the 1st, 2nd, 3rd tries, but then does. Prior to this problem, my battery died and the dealership replaced it. When I took it in this time, they tried resetting the code on the key switch thinking this was the problem. Now, they think it is a short in the ignition switch causing the problem. So far, my bill has been around $375.00 for battery and the labor for the key code etc. They are saying that this new short problem will be around $699.00. What do you think ? Thank you,
Cost of repair on 2008 Lincoln MKZ
1 answerFebruary 22, 2011
This week's top 10
Recent Lincoln MKZ Questions
- Why do my park light fuse keep blowing?
- I lost my key but have a replacement. Which I always have to put in a little box
- dealer says need to replace/repair timing cover gasket? how long can I wait?
- I'm looking for the engine coolant temperature sensor .
- Cost of repairing a transfer case main seal and rear engine main seal?
2008 Lincoln MKZ Estimates
- Oil Leak Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Perry, LA
- Steering Rack Replacement ($538 - 1,174) in Comstock, WI
- Alternator Replacement ($499 - 594) in Cookville, TX
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Front ($376 - 784) in Elmendorf Afb, AK
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($735 - 1,077) in Sonora, TX
- Variable Valve Timing Control Solenoid Replacement ($226 - 277) in Norwood, MA