My mechanic replaced my transmission because the codes were coming up on his diagnostics machine. However, the car was still driving rough (slow at accelerating from 1st to 2nd and 3rd to 4th and try to stall but then jerking back into geat). He thought the transmission replacement may have been had so he put in another one and it continued to do the same thing. Now he is mentioning replacing the engine control module. He is usually very honest, however, I have been reading in others areas that this might not be necessary? Please help with this if you can. Also, he is saying the part itself is around $1,000, but I heard mention the part with labor should only be around $1,000. Please input on this if possible, as well. Thanks in advance for ANY help for this frustrated car owner!
Cost and the necessity to replace the engine control module in my Hyundai accent on 2003 Hyundai Accent
did he replash ecm to match r/b trans?
This week's top 10
Recent Hyundai Accent Questions
2003 Hyundai Accent Estimates
- 22,500 Mile Service ($27 - 61) in Plymouth, OH
- 67,500 Mile Service ($27 - 61) in Laporte, CO
- Canister Purge Valve Replacement ($112 - 171) in Santee, SC
- Clutch Master Cylinder Replacement ($192 - 256) in Atwood, CA
- Wheel Hub Replacement ($240 - 272) in Elroy, WI
- Suspension Control Arm Replacement ($452 - 520) in Wadley, AL