A mechanic put some kind of seal it...Silver goop into our brand new radiator because car keeps heating up even though we just replaced the thermostate and coolant sensor. Water pump seems to be working, we're not seeing smoke and steam, just hot arrow up to top of gage. We're afraid the silver goop may have hardened into chuncks which may be blocking the flow of the whole system. Any suggestions? How do we clear any blockage , and of air as well.No water in the oil. No smoke from tailpipe. Any tell-tell proof of blown gasket head?
Coolant System? on 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback
Verified for the Subaru Legacy Outback11 reports
1 answerFebruary 09, 2011
2 answersDecember 12, 2010
1 answerOctober 04, 2011
- 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback Repair and Maintenance
- 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback Maintenance Schedule
- 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback Problems(2)
- 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback Repair Estimates
- 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback Q&A(29)
- 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback Recalls
- 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback Shops
- 1997 Subaru Legacy Outback Reviews(3)
This week's top 10
Recent Subaru Legacy Outback Questions
- What can i use to seal a crack in gas tank of my subaru legacy wagon 1997 2.2 motor
- My Subaru is leaking water, it only does it when the heater is turned on. It doesn't over heat and it loses about a half cup of water at a time. My dad thinks it is the water pump, I need to know for sure beforeI try to fix it
- How do you replace the sun roof drain hose/drivers side?
- power steering has small leak on front passenger side......what would cause this?
- leaking power steering has a small leak.....what would cause this?