started with plastic pipe under manifold busted.overheated.replaced pipes,heater hoses,thermostat,radiator,top hose,bottom hose,expansion tank,water pump,thermostat on expansion tank,flushed system,new bmw blue antifreeze.had block test for combustion gas-was neg.,took to bmw dealership and was told head gasket.OK here is mystery- no oil in anitfreeze,no antifreeze in oil,no smoke at all,runs perfect,heat gauge stays at perfect 12 o'clock until it looses water.another mystery- ran perfect last night,coolant level light did not come on and had water in expansion tank but overheated.as soon as i took cap off today and vented at bleeder port water went down.apparently block was dry.i am not crazy yet but headed there.can it have a blown head gasket and still run as great as it does?? any info will be greatly appreciated.
coolant loss,overheats on 2000 BMW 323i
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 323i Questions
- I am not getting any air from the vents is it the blower motor?
- how do the ac controls work?
- I busted my top radiator hose and pulled over immediately now it won't start why?
- my car runs well, check engine light is on,it drives and changes gears fine but at start off its kinda slow then when i have drove it for about an hr,it acts like it dont wont to pull up my steep driveway,could it be low on transmission fluid
- odbII not ready reading for vehicle smog, battery never disc, no codes, everything else passes, had vehicle for odbII not ready recommended and repaired crank case vent valve and 4 hoses, still get odbII not ready for smog