started with plastic pipe under manifold busted.overheated.replaced pipes,heater hoses,thermostat,radiator,top hose,bottom hose,expansion tank,water pump,thermostat on expansion tank,flushed system,new bmw blue antifreeze.had block test for combustion gas-was neg.,took to bmw dealership and was told head gasket.OK here is mystery- no oil in anitfreeze,no antifreeze in oil,no smoke at all,runs perfect,heat gauge stays at perfect 12 o'clock until it looses water.another mystery- ran perfect last night,coolant level light did not come on and had water in expansion tank but overheated.as soon as i took cap off today and vented at bleeder port water went down.apparently block was dry.i am not crazy yet but headed there.can it have a blown head gasket and still run as great as it does?? any info will be greatly appreciated.
coolant loss,overheats on 2000 BMW 323i
Verified for the BMW 323i4 reports
2 answersApril 29, 2013
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 323i Questions
- lost coolant very quickly
- I am not getting any air from the vents is it the blower motor?
- how do the ac controls work?
- I busted my top radiator hose and pulled over immediately now it won't start why?
- my car runs well, check engine light is on,it drives and changes gears fine but at start off its kinda slow then when i have drove it for about an hr,it acts like it dont wont to pull up my steep driveway,could it be low on transmission fluid
2000 BMW 323i Estimates
- Axle/Half Shaft Replacement - Rear ($518 - 1,124) in Tolar, TX
- Clutch Replacement ($876 - 1,111) in Bella Vista, CA
- Brake Caliper Replacement - Rear ($442 - 1,002) in Corn, OK
- PCV Valve Replacement ($240 - 328) in Perry Point, MD
- Cooling System Leak Inspection ($44 - 56) in Racine, MN
- Clutch Assembly Replacement ($804 - 1,237) in Napavine, WA