I have lost all the coolant out of my 1997 VW Golf 2.0L car. It has leaked out from the passenger side of the firewall. Is this a heater core issue? I pulled over on the side of the road when it started to heat up and shut it off. The coolant puddled on the ground on the passenger side. I added more coolant to the overflow and it ran right out the firewall. I started the car to move it a bit more off the road and a big puff of white smoke or steam came out of the back end. The oil is fine, not milky so I am certain it isn't a head gasket. Car will start but the coolant just runs right out from the firewall area. Please help! What hoses run through that area or could it be the heater core?
coolant leaking from firewall on passenger side engine compartment on 1997 Volkswagen Golf
This week's top 10
Recent Volkswagen Golf Questions
- How do I remove the cover VW cover to change my oil filter?
- Re 2015 VW Golf rear seat bench removal. I have the seat released from driver side and center but it is hung up on passenger rear corner of seat. thanks
- 2015 Golf -How can I remove rear bench seat ? Just part you sit on not seat back. I left window open and need to dry it out. Foam upholstery under leatherette covering wet. Want to take seat out of car to dry with fan. thanks
- catalytic converter replacement costs in nz & sources for parts info, can you still get a wof with CAT light flashing in red
- Can a 2010 VW Golf 2.5, 5 spd manual transmission be flat towed?