noticed 3 weeks ago water spots under car which turned out to be coolant leaking.it was determined that the water pump needs to be changed. after water pump was changed 3 days later it started leaking again. this time it was said that it was coming from thermostat housing so that was changed. one week later that is today low coolant light came up as i was heading home. i turned onto my driveway and when i got out noticed the long drag of coolant all over. i let the engine cool and started to refill radiator with coolant. i noticed that as i was pouring in the coolant it was coming out on bottom like if there was a hole. what is the possible problem here?
coolant leaking on 2001 BMW 330i
Asked by Visitor for the 2001 BMW 330i
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by Chow ,
December 14, 2010
A cracked expansion tank or radiator, plastic cooling system components exposed to constant heat cycles causing the material to decay over time. Also the introduction of new coolant also does lead to possible further leakage
Verified for the BMW 330i14 reports
Verified for the BMW 330i7 reports
2 answersFebruary 19, 2010
2 answersJune 24, 2012
This week's top 10
Recent BMW 330i Questions
- Why does the drive shaft continue to spin when the car is in park
- Where is the final resistor located in
- what is that under the hood on passenger side in back close to windshield
- 2003 BMW 330i E46 wont start after airbag deployed when I ran into a Median.
- Is there a permanent fix for the constantly breaking door lock cylinder?
2001 BMW 330i Estimates
- Valve Cover Gasket Replacement ($206 - 383) in Oldfield, MO
- Power Steering Pump Replacement ($381 - 684) in Winterthur, DE
- Brake Master Cylinder Replacement ($554 - 822) in Narka, KS
- Oxygen Sensor Replacement ($158 - 268) in Dublin, OH
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($308 - 378) in Hazelhurst, WI
- Battery Cable Replacement ($488 - 535) in Red Bluff, CA