» » »

Volkswagen Q&A

Ask Your Question

1998 Volkswagen Cabrio Question: convertible motor repair



meagle44, West Babylon, NY, October 07, 2010, 10:32

I tried to lower my top but it was blocked by an object. The motor no longer works, I was able to push the top up and lock it but I am afraid to put it down because I don't want it to get stuck in the open position.
Does my motor need to be fixed or replaced? How much can i expect to pay for completed job? The top itself is fine.

1 Answer
Flag This
  • Answer #1

    Visitor, April 17, 2011, 13:32

    Same problem for my car. The research I show there is no fuse for it, but if it gets stuck down you can put it up manually. Check your owners manual for the method which is the hydrolic pump in the truck on the left. Look it up online. Also, you can refill the pump with fluid but it taint easy cause it is so small & if you have a hose leak then thats another problem. the pump is 800 new, but you can get a guy to repair it for about 150 via mail. look up converitble motor repair for vw's. Good luck. I havent tried any of this yet.

    Flag This