should there be continuity between fuse terminals in power distribution box with large fuse removed?
continuity? on 1997 Ford F-150
MOST POPULAR ANSWER by pushrod ,
May 04, 2013
Should not be battery voltage to both! Dvom may read between the two. Battery disconnected, NO!
COMMENT by nbl257 ,
May 04, 2013
Yep. You called it. Found badly corroded wire coming from fused side terminal. This was also the problem with PCM fusible link blowing when ignition was turned on. Great call. Thanks a bunch.
Verified for the Ford F-1506 reports
Verified for the Ford F-15018 reports
I have a 99 4.6 8 cyl. ford F150 truck, the starter runs even after you start it and still runs after you turn the truck off.
3 answersJune 05, 2016
1 answerMarch 04, 2011
1 answerApril 30, 2010
This week's top 10
Recent Ford F-150 Questions
- Bucks when hot outside.
- What is a reasonable price for removing the motor out of wrecked ford truck?
- Reasons for an incomplete smog. Could a nonfunctional heater be the cause?
- wondering about cost and difficulty of replacing a damaged flywheel
- Fuel pump makes a thumping sound and idle at low rpms and will die shortly after
1997 Ford F-150 Estimates
- Radiator Hose Replacement ($205 - 300) in Lacey Spring, VA
- Check Engine Light Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Hayden, IN
- Ignition Cap and Rotor Replacement ($64 - 111) in Sturgeon, PA
- Manual Transmission Fluid Change ($67 - 117) in Miami, IN
- Axle Shaft Seal Replacement ($322 - 464) in Mountain Home, AR
- Window Switch Replacement ($235 - 246) in Bozeman, MT