continued from prev problem = thanks to pushrod , i checked all fuel injectors on 1993 Ford Probe

with a noid light check. cyls 1,2,3 all flash with eng cranking = normal oper. at cyl 4 the problem cly , the noid lights stays on
and does not flash . checked the connector and wires to fuel
injector at cyl 4 = ok . it it ther pcm that is the cause for the incorrect injector pulse at cyl 4?

Asked by for the 1993 Ford Probe
3 answers 3 comments
IT IS STAYING GROUNDED. CHECK INJECTOR WIRING BACK TO COMPUTER FOR SHORT, BAD WIRE, PINCHED, ETC, BEFORE CONDEMING ECM. Just to add incase, the ECM/PCM supplies the ground signal to activate the injector, if the noid light is always on then the wire has a ground.
could be driver in ecm is bad
Let me know what you find out!
Hello There,
finially fixed my car. Problem was in the eng wiring harness. found a spot in the harness that rubbed through
on a bracket. the wire to the inj at cyl 4 was grounding there and the inj stayed open spraying fuel constantly into cyl 4 . I repaired the harness and the car ran fine till it got really warm . then the same issue . I think the wiring got damaged internally due to overheating. I replaced the whole harness . car is running perfect now. Just wanted to say thanks especially to pushrod for sending me down the right track . You guys are awsome !!!!!
Way to go Pushrod
Professor G ,
You did well as well .
You were right with the damaged wiring harness .
Thank-you to all of you