I went to move my car into the garage and started it. The gear shifter felt like it slipped out of position and now the car won't go into any gear - I also can't remove the key because the console shifter won't go all the way forward. It's probably disconnected from the transmission linkage, but how can I get at the connection....do I check underneath the car or start taking the console apart?
Console Gear Shift on 2002 Mercury Sable
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Sable Questions
- Why won't my car start? I put a charged battery in it.. it's not the alternator
- how can i fix the main brake box for all the brakes
- Broke abs sensor front left, can't see how its mounted so I can remove and repla
- the engine races then shuts off. what would cause this?
- how to replace front window washer pump
2002 Mercury Sable Estimates
- ABS System Diagnosis ($88 - 111) in Fort Jones, CA
- ABS Wheel Speed Sensor Replacement ($212 - 403) in Greenville, KY
- Clutch Cable Replacement ($178 - 326) in Moweaqua, IL
- Door Window Motor Replacement ($150 - 231) in Brighton, MO
- Vibration Diagnosis ($61 - 78) in Medina, MN
- Air Conditioning System Leak Inspection ($52 - 67) in Osceola, AR