I went to move my car into the garage and started it. The gear shifter felt like it slipped out of position and now the car won't go into any gear - I also can't remove the key because the console shifter won't go all the way forward. It's probably disconnected from the transmission linkage, but how can I get at the connection....do I check underneath the car or start taking the console apart?
Console Gear Shift on 2002 Mercury Sable
This week's top 10
Recent Mercury Sable Questions
- Stalls at idle / idles low (400RPM)
- I have a Chevy 350 engine extra, and was wondering if I could replace.
- car has 82000 miles charged air & now blows hot it was cold ?
- Why when keys out it dings and steering wheel don't lock
- my heater wont shut off. my tach , speed odometer and my gas gauge is not workin