I've replaced a leaky hose and thermostat. The car is idling rough. When I start the car in the morning the temp gauge will rise to almost the top,then it cools down and stays at the proper temp since I changed the thermostat, but its still doing this. Pressure test came back okay, but the pressure from the last time it did this blew the reserve tank cap off. I have no idea what is causing this. No smoke coming out of the top so I don't think it's a head gasket issue. What could this be?
Cold start over heats on 2003 Ford Explorer Sport Trac
2 answersJanuary 12, 2014
This week's top 10
Recent Ford Explorer Sport Trac Questions
- oil was put in rear, because of humming sound. still hear some humming sound
- Air conditioner stops working when the engine roar begins. What is the culpret.
- Lost oil press.changed oil pump@ filter. Now oil pressure only after firstname.lastname@example.org
- My frame is rusted through are there any recalls on the frame of my 01 sport tra
- A 2010 Explorer Sport Trac with 37,000 miles and the following transmission codes P743, 750, 755, 760, 962, 966, 970. The Ford dealership and Ford corporate customer service is DOA and zero help. Any suggestions?